USJF is proud to announce the “5 Star Dojo Certification Program.” The program is to recognize those dojos that demonstrate excellence in Judo by having within their membership the following certifications:
- USJF Teacher or Assistant Teacher certification.
- USJF National Coach, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Master or Elite National Coach certification.
- USJF or USA Judo Referee certification at local, regional, national or international level.
- USJF Kata certification A, B, or C in nage no kata, katame no kata, ju no kata, kime no kata, goshin jutsu, itsutsu no kata or koshiki no kata.
- Special activities including clinics, judo camps or tournaments.
Your club must have a minimum of one member for each area: teacher, coach, referee, kata and at least one special activity. Clubs meeting the 5 Star Dojo criteria will receive a banner recognizing them as a USJF 5 Star Dojo. Clubs meeting 4 of the 5 criteria will receive a 4 Star Dojo certificate.
The 5 Star Dojo committee members are:
- Dr. Larry M. Tsutsui, Program Chair
- Mitchell Palacio, Founder of the Program
- Julia Tsutsui, Program Manager
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn and experience the essence of Japanese judo in addition to learning about Japanese culture. The program is hosted by Matsumae Judo Juku (part of the Tokai University Educational System).
- Dates: July 12-23
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Male & Female judoka ages 13-19
- Must have been a USJF member for at least 3 years
- Club must be a USJF registered club
- Recommendation from sensei describing good character and work ethic
- Funding Available
For More Information Contact:
or by telephone (404) 273-5007
Deadline to Register May 31, 2019
PDF poster available
Looking back, I’m extremely thankful for Saito sensei’s words of encouragement to join the Sanix delegation and in turn, altering my winter comfort routine into a meaningful experience. Most of my travel outcomes in the past have been centered on the individual(s) that have accompanied me or the people I have had the good fortune to meet. This year’s coaching staff, competitors and parents have fulfilled both aspects.
Continue reading “Sanix 2018 — from Jim Uyekawa, Coach”
A poster received from the Nanka Yudanshakai
Contact Gary Goltz
We are pleased to announce that the USJF-JA Jr Nationals and Grass Roots Summer Nationals will have over two IJF-A Referees assigned to each mat!!!!
Visit our website to find all the latest information.
Continue reading “Summer Nationals Information reminder”
2018 Summer Judo Training Camp, Oahu, Hawaii featuring Instructors from Kodokan Institute
Come celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the arrival of the first group of Japanese immigrants to Hawaii. Haruki Uemura, Kodokan President & Olympic Gold Medalist, Tadahiro Nomura, Three-time Olympic Gold Medalist, and Chikara Kariya, Kodokan International Department, three Sensei from the Kodokan Judo Institute, will be conducting a judo clinic. Come to this once in a lifetime opportunity and learn from the top instructors and athletes in the world!!!
Continue reading “2018 Summer Judo Training Camp, Oahu, Hawaii”