USJF 5 - Star Dojo
USJF 5 – Star Dojo
- USJF Teacher certification (Assistant Teacher, Teacher, or Master Teacher)
- USJF National Coach certification (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Master or Elite)
- USJF or USA Judo Referee or Kata Judge certification (Local, Regional, National or International)
- USJF Self Defense Certification OR USJF Kata Certification (A, B, or C in Nage no Kata, Katame no Kata, Ju no Kata, Kime no Kata, Goshin Jutsu, Itsutsu no Kata, or Koshiki no Kata)
- Special activity such as a clinic (technique, referee/rules, self-defense, teachers, coaching, kata, etc.), judo camp, or tournament
5 - Star Recognition Requirements
In order to qualify as a 5 Star Dojo, your club must have a minimum of one member in each category.
- All certifications must be through the United States Judo Federation (USJF) with the exception of referee certification.
- Judo Clubs/Dojos meeting the 5 Star Dojo criteria will receive a banner recognizing them as a USJF 5 Star Dojo.
Clubs who do not meet all criteria for a 5 Star Dojo are eligible for 1, 2, 3, or 4 Star Dojo certification and have the option to purchase a banner. If you do not have a member in a certain category, you may leave it blank.
Recognized 5 – Star Dojos
|Stars awarded||Dojo||Head Instructor||Yudanshakai|
|☆☆☆☆☆||San Jose Buddhist Judo Club||Vaughn Imada, Daniel Kikuchi and Jim Pennington||Central Coast|
|☆☆☆☆☆||Fresno Judo Club||Larry Tsutsui||San Joaquin|
|☆☆☆☆☆||Sawtelle Judo Dojo||Kenji Osugi||Nanka|
|☆☆☆☆☆||Sacramento Judo Club||Matsuo Mac Takeda||Hokka|
|☆☆☆☆☆||College Park Judo Club||Kurt Tamai||Shufu|
|☆☆☆☆☆||Southwest Oregon Community College Judo||Rob Schab||Northwest|
Terms & Conditions
United States Judo Federation
P.O. Box 338
Ontario, OR 97914-0338
Phone (541) 889-8753
Fax (541) 889-5836