1. Called meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
2. Quorum was established with ten members present – Messrs. Takeda – Hokka, Higashi – Hudson, Kaneakua – Hawaii, Makimoto – Daiheigen, Purcell – Northwest, Medani – Shufu, Hanashiro – 50th State, Palacio – Central Coast, Mrs. Johnson – Niagara, & Ex-officio Member Brink.
Observers – Nakashima – 50th State, Morifuji – Hawaii, Muranaka – Hawaii, Waibel – USJF, Dong – Nanka, Matsuoka – Daiheigen, Nakatsu – Hawaii
3. Past minutes were approved.
4. JUDAN RANK – Motion passed on second amendment and seconded (Mrs. Johnson/Mr. Kaneakua) for RECOMMENDATION to the BOE.
“Highest level lifetime achievements in judo; Leadership at all levels of USJF judo; Long record of the highest level of competition; Coaching; Officiating successes; Impeccable character; Major contributor in multiple areas of judo development; Promotion; Support; Publication of promotional materials, etc.”
5. Initial discussion on Head Dojo Instructor sole authority for Shodan rather than committee approach
Straw vote on Head Dojo Instructor authority for Shodan (5 – favor; 3 – not in favor; 2-abstain)
Discussion will be continued at next meeting.
6. Promotion Candidates
|Name||Yudanshakai||Rank Appl’d For||Moved/Seconded by||Decision|
|English, Jim W.||PSA||Yodan||Takeda / Kaneakua||Pass|
|Jay, Tom L.||Chuka||Godan||Takeda / Kaneakua||Pass|
|Aoki, Alton||50th State||Rokudan||Kaneakua / Takeda||Pass|
|Agusto, Paulo F.||PSJA||Rokudan||Takeda / Kaneakua||Reject|
|Hamaoka, Glenn A.||Chuka||Rokudan||Kaneakua / Takeda||Withdrawn|
|Israel, Daniel R.||Daiheigan||Rokudan||Purcell / Kaneakua||Pass|
|Kinoshita, Dale S.||Chuka||Rokudan||Takeda / Kaneakua||Pass|
|Miyamasu, Ernest||50th State||Rokudan||Hanashiro / Kaneakua||Pass|
|Nakayama, Rodney||Hawaii||Rokudan||Kaneakua / Hanashiro||Pass|
|Regidor, Rolann H.P.||50th State||Rokudan||Kaneakua / Takeda||Pass|
|Sakamoto, Brett C.||Chuka||Rokudan||Kaneakua / Takeda||Pass|
|Tsubota, Clint T.||50th State||Rokudan||Kaneakua / Hanashiro||Pass|
|Tsubota, Miles K.||50th State||Rokudan||Kaneakua / Hanashiro||Pass|
|Mackey, Bert||Northwest||Shichidan||Purcell / Kaneaua||Pass|
|Takeda, Jeffrey T.||Chuka||Shichidan||Kaneakua / Takeda||Pass|
|Sakamoto, Kinya||Chuka||Hachidan||Kaneakua / Takeda||Pass|
7. Motion by Kaneakua seconded by Takeda. Any Yudanshakai that sends in a form 20 and then and subsequently asks for it to be put on hold. The National Office will send back letter back to the Yudanshakai stating in writing. The National Office can’t be put any Form 20’s on hold. That once submitted it must proceed to the National Promotion Committee for their deliberation.
8. Adjournment (Takeda/Kaneakua) 8:25pm