At the conclusion of Module 1;
- You will be able to assemble elements of a judo contest, contest bowing, kumi kata (gripping), judo -gi, referee hand signals and calls and scoreboard basics
- You will be able to differentiate Tachiwaza Scoring – Ippon and Wazari, Ne-waza Scoring – Osaekomi, Shime-waza and Kansetsu-waza.
- You will examine and distinguish the difference between Shido (Slight Penalty) and Hansoku Make (Grave Penalty).
- Introduction to a Judo Contest
- Contest Bowing Procedures
- Kumi Kata (Gripping)
- Judo Gi
- Referee Hand Signals and Calls
- Scoreboard Basics
- Tachiwaza Scoring
- Ne-waza Scoring
- Shido (Slight Penalty)
- Hansoku Make (Grave Penalty) Overview