This committee is a group of experienced professionals whose intent is to manage the marketing and branding of the USJF.
We have a goal of increasing the USJF membership to 15,000 by 2020. This committee is tasked to investigate and prepare marketing and positioning proposals to the USJF Board of Directors in order to achieve this goal.
Ed Hanashiro, Chair/Website and CRM
Keith Chu, Club Marketing
Kevin Funasaki, Marketing/Sponsorship Programs
Bryan Matsuoka, Moderator/Branding
Charles Medani, Current Events/Communications
Syl Peterkin, Social Media
This committee was formed in response to the USJF Strategic Planning Workshop held November 5-6, 2014 with core issue of providing a new high quality website and CRM.
This committee is tasked to investigate and prepare marketing and positioning proposals to the USJF BOD in order to achieve the desired goals.
- To increase the USJF membership to 15,000 by 2020.
- To launch a new website and CRM through GymMinder by the Fall of 2016.
- To offer expanded benefits and resources to our members.
- To increase membership is to increase the number of USJF affiliated judo clubs and/or increase the number of members per club.
- A good way to expand and retain judo clubs is to offer useful services/resources for the instructor to help grow their clubs…”expand the brand” program.
- To offer useful services/resources is to make the information easily accessible through a redefined website and added social media opportunities to better communicate and to seek feedback from our members; and to further cultivate a culture of building character.
- To obtain historical and empirical data of our members to establish a baseline of applicable metrics to track our progress.