These guidelines are intended to assist with dojos in re-opening and resuming training. However, due to wide variation in Covid-19 cases around the country we cannot provide a uniform one-size-fits-all recommendation for every dojo.
- Before resuming training, dojos should ensure they are in compliance with state and local guidelines (consider factors such as masking mandates, reduced maximum building capacity, social distancing mandates, rules regarding indoor/outdoor activities)
- When resuming direct contact, please follow state and local requirements regarding allowable sporting activities. In some instances, local regulations may allow for direct contact if certain criteria are met. Please check with your local health authority before resuming direct contact training.
- Follow local masking guidelines. Wearing masks upon entry and exit of the dojo is encouraged. Spectators should be encouraged to wear masks if not participating. Masks for judoka on the mat should be at the discretion of the head instructor in conjunction with local guidelines
- Upon arrival, dojos should check temperature and screen anyone entering the dojo for symptoms. Forehead thermometers will suffice for this screen. Participants with fever over 100.4°F or 38°C should be sent home and not allowed to participate.
- Dojos should keep a log of all visitors to the dojo. This may potentially become important for contract tracing if an individual member tests positive.
- Dojos should NOT allow anyone with cough, fever, chills, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID including diarrhea to practice.
- Athletes should confirm that they have had no symptoms and no known exposures to anyone infected with COVID-19 for the last 14 days.
- Dojos should provide alcohol-based hand cleaner (60-95% alcohol) before entering dojo/ mat and when exiting (or recommend hand washing for 20sec before and after practice), encourage frequent handwashing
- Appropriately clean mats BEFORE AND AFTER every practice, using a proper disinfectant antiviral & antibacterial
- Wipe down, clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the dojo
- Open windows and doors and consider other ways to improve ventilation in the Dojo
- No sharing of equipment or gis.
- Judoka should wash gis between EVERY workout(s)
- Close or block off water fountains. Everyone should bring their own water bottle.
- Actively encourage all members to get fully vaccinated ASAP when they qualify under their state guidelines.