USJF is proud to announce the “5 Star Dojo Certification Program.” The program is to recognize those dojos that demonstrate excellence in Judo by having within their membership the following certifications:
- USJF Teacher or Assistant Teacher certification.
- USJF National Coach, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Master or Elite National Coach certification.
- USJF or USA Judo Referee certification at local, regional, national or international level.
- USJF Kata certification A, B, or C in nage no kata, katame no kata, ju no kata, kime no kata, goshin jutsu, itsutsu no kata or koshiki no kata.
- Special activities including clinics, judo camps or tournaments.
Your club must have a minimum of one member for each area: teacher, coach, referee, kata and at least one special activity. Clubs meeting the 5 Star Dojo criteria will receive a banner recognizing them as a USJF 5 Star Dojo. Clubs meeting 4 of the 5 criteria will receive a 4 Star Dojo certificate.
The 5 Star Dojo committee members are:
- Dr. Larry M. Tsutsui, Program Chair
- Mitchell Palacio, Founder of the Program
- Julia Tsutsui, Program Manager