National Teachers’ Institute Sub-Committee
Meeting October 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
- ATTENDANCE: Margaret Catt, Dean Markovics,
Kuniko Takeuchi, Bryan Matsuoka, Hayward Nishioka.
Ed Shiosaki, Mitchell Palacio
- ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS – none
- APPROVAL OF APRIL 2003 MINUTES – With the note re: USJF ownership
of manuals required, minutes were approved.
- REVIEW TERM OF
CERTIFICATION – BOD RECOMMENDATION TO CONSIDER 4 YEAR TERM – The
motion was made by K. Takeuchi for the renewal period to be consistent
with USJI term; second by M. Catt, motion carried.
- USJF CONFERENCE
REPORT – none
- DEPLOYMENT OF CURRICULUM/CERTIFICATION TO THE
REGIONS – Konan, Florida, Intermountain, Nanka, and 50th State
Yudanshakais have expressed a desire to have a Teacher Certification
Clinic in their respective areas.
- CREATE A KNOWLEDGE BANK OF
RESOURCES AND SELECTION CRITERIA FOR INSTRUCTORS -This was discussed
as becoming a resource pool for both Coach and Teacher Certification
Clinicians. D. Markovics has called for recommendations for Coach
Certification Clinicians and this material is being compiled.
NOTE: Mr. Harder has resigned; another member will need to be
appointed for this task.
- Materials – use of materials distributed
for the June 2003 conference will be the beginning materials for
clinics. These materials will continue to be developed for use
by the USJF.
- GRANDFATHERING TEACHERS – PROCESS AND CRITERIA
– Hal Sharp. Mr. Sharp did not attend and no proposed materials
were received. Matsuoka distributed a proposed form which was
reviewed and revised. The revised form will be distributed for
approval in October 2003.
- UPDATE ON SCOPE AND SEQUENCE DEVELOPMENT
– Information was received by Matsuoka from Kuniko Takeuchi, Dean
Markovics, and AnnMarie Rousey. Materials will be distributed
for committee review. Complete scope and sequence will be provided
to the Development Committee at the April 2004 meeting.
FORUM – none
- ADJOURN motion D. Markovics, second M. Catt,