USJF Junior Development Subcommittee
6830 Wavecrest Way
Sacramento, CA 95831
(916) 393-0868 (H)
(916) 874-9299 (W)
(916) 205-8590 (C)
July 10, 2002
||All Yudanshakai Presidents
||Junior Development Subcommittee
||Request for Proposals
The Junior Development committee has targeted the pre-teen and teen age groups as its
priority. Historically, young Judo players begin to leave the sport for other activities
that have a larger peer support group when they reach adolescence. In addition, there is
the toddler group that has very little participation in Judo and deserves consideration.
Finally, other under served groups.
It is the desire of the Junior Development Subcommittee to identify and fund programs that
will increase and retain participation of Judo. Special consideration will be given to programs
that are linked to other community based organizations ie School based programs, YMCA, Boys and
Girls Clubs, Churches etc.
Your Yudanshakai is encouraged to submit proposals for programs in this category. Submissions
should include the following:
- A cover letter stating the program concept.
- Identify if this is a new or continuing program.
- Specific steps that will be taken with a tentative time line.
- Specific program activities. Number of participants.
- Means of measuring success or failure of the program.
- A proposed budget. Include a total budget and the portion that the USJF funds will support.
- Format to be used to report total expenditures, revenues and their sources.
- Identification of cooperative agency participation in the program.
- The program must be available for on-site visits by the Junior Development Subcommittee.
- Progress reports must be submitted on request.
- A final report must be provided to the Junior Development Subcommittee upon completion of the program.
- A handbook must be provided to the USJF that identifies the steps taken to implement and perpetuate the
program. The USJF will make this information available without charge to other Yudanshakai to assist in
the promotion of similar programs.
All Yudanshakai are encouraged to submit. Proposals will be evaluated based upon their ability to meet
the target populations and satisfy the goals of the RFP. Proposals should be forwarded by September 15,
2002 to Chris Mitsuoka, Chairman, Junior Development Subcommittee, 6830 Wavecrest Way, Sacramento, CA 95831.