B. C. Dage Corporation Athlete Travel Grant Announcement!
by Leslie Minot on Saturday, August 25th, 2012
NEXT DEADLINE: September 15, 2012
The B.C. Dage Corporation Athlete Travel Grant has been established by a generous donation to USJF to support travel for competition or training for up-and-coming USJF athletes.
There is also a separate application process for a Yudanshakai to request travel funds to bring elite USJF competitors to conduct clinics. The Yudanshakai must provide lodging, meals, and a stipend to the athlete conducting the clinic. The aim is to jointly benefit the Yudanshakai and help the athlete support her or his training through teaching. The grant enables Yudanshakai to benefit from the opportunity to work with competitors from other regions of the country. These competitors must meet the same criteria as those for athletes seeking travel funding for competition.
- Applications available – NOW
- Applications due – 9/15/12 for events happening 10/15/12-2/28/13
- Decisions will be made by 9/30/12
- Applications due – 12/31/12 for events happening 3/1/13-5/15/13
- Decisions will be made by 1/15/13
Applications and supporting materials must be received by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the due date.
Criteria for Athletes:
- United States citizen of good moral character and social conduct.
- USJF Membership:
- Must have been a USJF member for the previous two consecutive years.
- Must be currently registered.
- Must be member of USJF charter club at time of application.
- Must be a member of a yudanshakai.
Applications: The application form is here on the USJF web site.
Please e-mail applications both to:
The B.C. Dage Corporation Athlete Travel Grants could not be made without the commitment and dedication of the Grant Committee: